Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 5:30pm to 7:15pm
Lecture by Vladimir Trendafilov
- An overview of the countercultural situation in Bulgaria during socialism.
a. Top power and the arts before 1968.
b. The Prague Spring: its influence and aftermath within the Bulgarian context.
c. Later development of Bulgarian socialist culture.
- The music of the 1960-70s.
- The poetry of the 1960-70s.
- Stephen Ashley, “The Bulgarian Rock Scene Under Communism (1962-1990),” in: Rocking the State, ed. by Sabrina P. Ramet, 141-164.
- Post-theory, games, and discursive resistance: the Bulgarian case, ed. by Alexander Kiossev, Albany, N.Y.: State University of New York Press, 1995.